Location: YogaStyrka. Grevgatan 37, Stockholm, Sweden
Yoga | Human locomotion | Functional Range Conditioning | Progressive Training Principles
Movement Mapping is a system of Yoga and movement training aimed at developing neuromuscular communication. It combines 10 years of research into Yoga, interdisciplinary movement arts and science based training principles. Justin Wolfer designed Movement Mapping to address the challenges of teaching mixed level practices to students with unique needs and capacities. The Movement Mapping System is science informed yet uses simple, clear language to maximize engagement and retention.
Movement Mapping Certification Course will teach you 3 full Movement Mapping Practices and 40 unique elements of the movement mapping system that can be used to create unlimited possibilities for Mind-Body training.
Movement Mapping Practices:
- Rebalance the autonomic nervous system through parasympathetic stimulation.
- Retrain the neuromuscular system through Movement Mapping protocols.
- Nourish the connective tissue matrix through Everyday Essentials protocols.
- Rebuild your movement vocabulary with a simple yet diverse assortment of locomotive patterns
- Optimize mind-body connectivity through task oriented training.
- Create true mobility and physical autonomy in every joint through targeted strength and mobility protocols. (Progressive Overload Principle).
- Assess and improve structural balance/tensegrity with specific exercises that marry physical training with our evolutionary biology.
Learn to teach over 40 individual elements of Movement Mapping:
- Parasympathetic stimulation techniques.
- Connective tissue specific everyday essentials protocols.
- Joint specific prehabilitation protocols.
- Skill/strength/technical work protocols.
- Motor maps/locomotion
- Task oriented learning protocols
- Structural balance protocols
- Mobility protocols.
Who is Movement Mapping creator Justin Wolfer? Justin founded Rise Yoga & Movement Arts Center in Saratoga Springs, NY in 2014 and will open his second studio Guernsey, Channel Islands. Justin studies has studied regularly for 10 years with his spiritual teacher Bhakti master Raghunath and now teaches the anatomy and kinesiology sections of Raghunath's teacher trainings. After immersing himself in Yoga Justin also found his passion for interdisciplinary movement studies. As his movement education diversified he sought out more information on the sciences of human locomotion and human training (both cognitive learning and tissue adaptation). He has studied with Tom Myers, Founder of Movement Trains; Ido Portal, founder of Ido Portages Method; and is a certified Functional Range Conditioning Mobility Specialist and Functional Release Spine Specialist. Movement Mapping is his attempt at organizing a complete training system that simply and seamlessly combines 10 years of research into Yoga, interdisciplinary movement arts and science based training principles. Movement Mapping addresses many of the challenges of teaching mixed level practices to students with unique needs and capacities. The Movement Mapping System is science informed yet meant to be simple, impactful and engaging for its practitioners.
Who is this course for? This is a certification course for Yoga Teachers, Movement Teachers, Pilates Teachers and Physical Trainers. Students are welcome to attend the course for their own practice. The information is meant to integrate and inform whatever practices you are already doing and provide new tools for your movement practices. We hope to provide more tools and information that will aid teachers in applying their methods with greater skill, greater student satisfaction and increased income potential.
What's Included in the cost of tuition?
- 3 full sequences and over 40 unique elements aimed at developing the neuromuscular system, joint optimization, structural balance and self expression.
- Certificate to teach Movement Mapping Practices.
- Training manual outlining the techniques covered and the research behind the practices.
- 5 hrs of online content covering the techniques and applications.
What are the Hours & Schedule?
Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm
Saturday 9:00am -5:00pm
Sunday 9:00am -5:00pm
9am - 10:30am Movement Mapping Practice (three completely unique practices)
10:30-12:00am Breakdown of the practice and the science behind sequencing physical practice.
1pm-5pm System Components.
Day 1 Evolutionary biology, The Neuromuscular System,The Spine, structural balance, tensegrity.
Day 2 focuses on upper and lower extremity, mobility protocols.
Day 3 focuses on Movement Mapping, the nervous system, neuromuscular learning, task based learning, integration.
*certification to teach this system upon demonstrating sufficient application of the principles learned during the training.