Movement Mapping seamlessly combines:
Yoga | Human locomotion | Functional Range Conditioning | Progressive Learning Principles
Movement Mapping aims to address the challenges of teaching mixed level practices to students with unique neuromuscular systems. The Movement Mapping System is science informed yet utilizes simple, clear verbal and tactile communication to maximize engagement and retention.
Movement Mapping Certification Course will teach you 3 full Movement Mapping Practices and 40 unique elements within the Movement Mapping system that can be used to create unlimited possibilities for Mind-Body training.
Movement Mapping Practices aim to:
- Rebalance the autonomic nervous system with parasympathetic stimulation practices.
- Retrain the neuromuscular system through targeting Movement Mapping pathways.
- Nourish your connective tissue matrix with Everyday Essentials protocols.
- Rebuild your movement vocabulary with a simple yet diverse assortment of locomotive patterns.
- Optimize your mind-body connectivity through task oriented training.
- Create true mobility and physical autonomy in every joint through targeted strength and mobility protocols utilizing the Progressive Overload Principle.
- Assess and improve structural balance/tensegrity with specific exercises that marry physical training with our evolutionary biology.
Learn to teach over 40 individual elements of Movement Mapping:
- Parasympathetic stimulation techniques.
- Connective tissue specific Everyday Essentials Protocols.
- Joint specific prehabilitation protocols.
- Skill/strength/technical work protocols.
- Motor maps/locomotion
- Task oriented learning protocols
- Structural balance protocols
- Mobility protocols.
- Movement Mapping Phases of Learning hierarchy.
Making your teaching highly adaptive and impactful for your students.
Our aim is to develop long lasting relationships with studio owners and their communities that complement the services that you already provide and enhance the health of the business itself.
As a host you or one of your staff members are welcome to attend the training certification at no cost. All marketing materials are provided and both parties work together to advertise and sell the event.
All of our events have reached our targeted minimum ensuring that the host does not lose money or sleep and can enjoy the course with peace of mind.
About Movement Mapping Founder Justin Wolfer
Justin founded Rise Yoga & Movement Arts Center in Saratoga Springs, NY in 2014 and will open his second studio Guernsey, Channel Islands. Justin studies has studied regularly for 10 years with his spiritual teacher Bhakti master Raghunath and now teaches the anatomy and kinesiology sections of Raghunath's teacher trainings. After immersing himself in Yoga Justin also found his passion for interdisciplinary movement studies. As his movement education diversified he sought out more information on the sciences of human locomotion and human training (both cognitive learning and tissue adaptation). He has studied with Tom Myers, Founder of Movement Trains; Ido Portal, founder of Ido Portal Method; and is a certified Functional Range Conditioning Mobility Specialist and Functional Release Spine Specialist. Movement Mapping is his attempt at organizing a complete training system that simplies and seamlessly combines 10 years of research into Yoga, interdisciplinary movement arts and science based training principles. Movement Mapping addresses many of the challenges of teaching mixed level practices to students with unique needs and capacities. The Movement Mapping System is science informed yet prioritizes simplicity to maximize its impact and engage its practitioners in the process of self-development.
Who is this course for?
This is a certification course for Yoga Teachers, Movement Teachers, Pilates Teachers and Physical Trainers. Students are welcome to attend the course for their own practice. The information is meant to integrate and inform whatever practices you are already doing and provide new tools for your movement practices. I hope to support both students and teachers in applying their methods with greater skill, greater student satisfaction and increased income potential.
What's Included in the cost of tuition?
- 3 full sequences and over 40 unique elements aimed at developing the neuromuscular system, joint optimization, structural balance and self expression.
- Training manual outlining the techniques covered and the research behind the practices.
- 5 hrs of online content covering the techniques and applications.
Becoming a certified Movement Mapping teacher - In order to receive the certification to teach the complete Movement Mapping practice you have to learn and film yourself cuing these 3 sequences. Justin is happy to assist in learning the sequences and mastering your approach to teaching them.
*There is no extra charge for the certification.
What are the Hours & Schedule?
Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm
Saturday 9:00am -5:00pm
Sunday 9:00am -5:00pm
9am - 10:30am Movement Mapping Practice (three completely unique practices)
10:30-12:00am Breakdown of the practice and the science behind sequencing the Movement Mapping practice.
1pm-5pm System Components.
Day 1 Evolutionary biology, The Neuromuscular System, Movement Mapping Anatomy for Teachers.
Day 2 Designing Prehabs, Everyday Essentials, Structural Stability, Mobility, Strength Protocols.
Day 3 Art of Adaption to your students, phases of learning, phases of neuromuscular development, building and teaching Movement Mapping Practices.
*certification to teach this system upon demonstrating sufficient application of the principles learned during the training.